Kathleen McCann ~ Attorney
Kathleen was born and raised in Portland, Oregon but has worked in Vancouver, Washington for the past 30 years. As an undergraduate, she attended the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington and Portland State University. As a graduate student, she attended the University of Washington. She received her juris doctor from Lewis and Clark School of Law in Portland, Oregon in 1981 and was admitted to practice in the State of Washington that year.
Her law practice emphasizes law services to individuals and families. Her primary fields of practice include family law, guardianship and probate.
During her early years of practice, she worked for a law firm. In 1987, she started her own practice.
Her goals as an attorney are to seek practical solutions for people with legal problems. She offers vigorous representation in court hearings and in settlement negotiations. She seeks to keep her clients well informed. If the client’s interests and preferences are served by settlement, she will seek the best possible settlement for them. If their interests are served by litigation, she will vigorously represent them in court.
Her organizational memberships include: member of the Washington State Bar sections on Elder Law and Family Law, member of the Clark County Guardianship Group and Guardian ad litem group, past member State of Washington Family Law Executive Council, member of the Clark County and State of Washington Bar Associations.
Her presentations have included:
- Presenter at Clark County Guardianship guardian ad Litem training, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Presenter Clark County Guardianship Group 2016-Community Property Law
- Speaker, WSBA Family Law Mid-Year 2013
- Speaker, Clark County Family Law Section 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013
- Presenter: adoption, various seminars for attorneys
- Presenter 2016, “Community Property Overview for Guardianship Attorneys and for Guardian ad litems”
- Presenter, 2013, Clark County Bar Association Family Law Skills Training Institute
- “Obtaining Information and Documents” Spokane, Washington
- Presenter, 2012, Washington State Bar Family Law Mid-year. “A to Z- Dissolution of Registered Domestic Partnerships”
- Presenter, 2013 Clark County Bar Association, “Adoption 101”
- Presenter, 2008, Clark County Bar Association, “The Summons and Notice Requirements in Adoption”
2016 Clark County Bar Association Dean Langsdorf Family Law Attorney of the Year in recognition of outstanding professionalism.
In her off work hours Kathleen enjoys cooking, reading, the movies, and hiking.