Kathleen McCann ~ Attorney
Kathleen was born and raised in Portland, Oregon, but has worked in Vancouver, Washington, for 30 years. She attended the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington, and Portland State University as an undergraduate. As a graduate student, she attended the University of Washington. She received her Juris Doctor from Lewis and Clark School of Law in Portland, Oregon, in 1981 and was admitted to practice in the State of Washington that year.
Her law practice emphasizes law services to individuals and families. Her primary fields of practice include family law, guardianship, and probate.
During her early years of practice, she worked for a law firm. In 1987, she started her practice.
Her goals as an attorney are to seek practical solutions for people with legal problems. She offers vigorous representation in court hearings and settlement negotiations. She aims to keep her clients well-informed. If the client’s interests and preferences are served by settlement, she will seek the best possible settlement. She will vigorously represent them in court if their interests are served by litigation.
Her organizational memberships include members of the Washington State Bar sections on Elder Law and Family Law, member of the Clark County Guardianship Group, past member of the State of Washington Family Law Executive Council, and member of the Clark County and State of Washington Bar Associations.
Her presentations have included:
- Co-presenter on the new minor guardianship law (with Rachel Young). Class is given to the Clark County, Washington Bar Association, Probate, and Guardianship Section. Given on August 8, 2022,
- Preparation for testimony- presented to Certified Professional Guardians and Guardian ad litems. July, 2017
- Class presented to the Clark County Bar Association guardianship and probate attorney’s section in April 2017
“Transferring from Guardianship to Probate Administration”
- Presenter at Clark County Guardianship guardian ad Litem training, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Presenter Clark County Guardianship Group 2016-Community Property Law
- Speaker, WSBA Family Law Mid-Year 2013
- Speaker, Clark County Family Law Section 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013
- Presenter: adoption, various seminars for attorneys
- Presenter 2016, “Community Property Overview for Guardianship Attorneys and for Guardian ad litems”
- Presenter, 2013, Clark County Bar Association Family Law Skills Training Institute
- “Obtaining Information and Documents” Spokane, Washington
- Presenter, 2012, Washington State Bar Family Law Mid-year. “A to Z- Dissolution of Registered Domestic Partnerships”
- Presenter, 2013 Clark County Bar Association, “Adoption 101”
- Presenter, 2008, Clark County Bar Association, “The Summons and Notice Requirements in Adoption”
2016 Clark County Bar Association Dean Langsdorf Family Law Attorney of the Year recognizes outstanding professionalism.
In her off-work hours, Kathleen enjoys cooking, reading, the movies, and hiking.